2.4.0-s390x progress

From: Neale.Ferguson@softwareAG-usa.com
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 02:04:31 EST

I've been using the "Linux from Scratch" (LFS) document as a guide for building
a basic Linux system. The only things I've done outside the instructions
include:

1. Built 32 bit version of binutils, gcc, glibc for s390x
2. Built kernel
3. Created /root64 and populated it with /usr /bin etc.
4. Built 64-bit libncurses

I've now built statically linked 64-bit versions of:
1. bash
2. bzip2
3. diffutils
4. fileutils

These are all installed in the /root64 tree.

According to the LFS instructions I should now build grep, gzip, make,
sed, shellutils, tar, and textutils, before going onto the next phase.
However, I cannot find grep, sed, or tar srpms on the SuSE CDs.

In any event, progress is being made.

Neale