RE: spinlock help

From: Hen, Shmulik (shmulik.hen@intel.com)
Date: Wed Mar 07 2001 - 07:26:03 EST

The kdb trace was accurate, we could actually see the e100 ISR pop from no
where right in the middle of our ans_notify every time the TX queue would
fill up. When we commented out the call to spin_*_irqsave(), it worked fine
under heavy stress for days.

Is it possible it was something wrong with 2.4.0-test10 specifically ?

We had to drop the locks in the final release and never got around to
checking it on other kernel releases (it went on the TO_DO list ;-).

        Shmulik.