Re: 2.4.2 broke in-kernel ide_cs support

From: Christian Gennerat (christian.gennerat@vz.cit.alcatel.fr)
Date: Tue Mar 06 2001 - 05:05:52 EST

From: Arjan van de Ven (arjan@fenrus.demon.nl)
>Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 15:59:45 EST
>the module is called ide-cs.o and has been for a long time.....
That is the first error!
All pcmcia modules have the "_cs" suffix.
The change to "-cs" is the origin of many problems;
and it not the end !

>You must have lost your symlink :)
The symlink for ide*cs is not made by make module_install :-(

>It's better to change the /etc/pcmcia files to use ide-cs though, as that
>actually has a chance of working. (and works for me very well)
If I do that changes, I cannot boot with another old kernel;
config files must be compatible with all kernel versions.