Re: 2.4.2 ext2 filesystem corruption ? (was 2.4.2: What happened ? (No such file or directory))

From: Frédéric L. W Meunier (0@pervalidus.net)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 01:37:35 EST

Maybe I should give details about my hardware. The system was
installed 5 months ago, and this is the first problem.

I used 2.2.16 stock Kernel from Slackware 7.1
2.2.17
2.2.18
2.4.0
2.4.1

And the only problem was with 2.4.2.

FYI, I'm not using hdparm or changing the BIOS to use UDMA 66.
It'd fail with 2.4.1 and 2.4.2 (CRC errors), so the setting
is AUTO and it's using UDMA 33.

And please note that this machine is fine, but I actually only
open 2 consoles and run GNU screen. No XFree86, and only a few
applications running.

If needed, my /var/log/dmesg is at
http://members.nbci.com/pervalidus/dmesg-2.4.2.txt

--