Re: Linux 2.4.2ac12

From: J . A . Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 18:30:56 EST

On 03.06 Sergey Kubushin wrote:
> On Mon, 5 Mar 2001, J . A . Magallon wrote:
>
> > What that line does is to build a tool (aicasm) to generate the ucode
> > that
> > is built into the kernel (afaik, it is a kind of assembler from a
> > language
> > to AIC sequencer code). That is, the tool uses db1 (as mkdep.c uses
> > glibc)
> > but once you have generated the sequencer instructions, that is what is
> > built
> > into the kernel, not the tool (aicasm).
>
> It's very nice... Now one should have not only special kgcc to build the
> kernel, but also the obsolete library with all the development stuff
> installed... Is it sane?

What I dunno is why the h... is needed to rebuild the code everytime you build
a kernel. Just ship the ucode and remove the aicasm subtree from kernel.
Perhaps mrproper makes things too clean, and just should leave there the
sequencer code.

--
J.A. Magallon                                                      $> cd pub
mailto:jamagallon@able.es                                          $> more beer

Linux werewolf 2.4.2-ac11 #1 SMP Sat Mar 3 22:18:57 CET 2001 i686