NE2000 problem

From: Gianluca Anzolin (g.anzolin@inwind.it)
Date: Mon Mar 05 2001 - 15:11:04 EST

Hello,
        I'm experiencing a problem with an old NE2000 card. I use the ne.c
driver provided with 2.4.x kernels. (I'm using 2.4.2-ac11)

        The problem is that I can ping the card (with any packet size)
but if I try ssh it doesn't work, the same for other programs which use
TCP. So ICMP works, TCP doesn't and also UDP doesn't work.

        The interesting thing is that I can view all the packets I send
from another PC using tcpdump. So the card should work as I can see any
packet it sends.

The data of the NE2000 card follow:

        chipset: UML8001
        IRQ: 5
        I/O ports: 0x320-0x32f
        HW MAC: 55:AA:44:32:39:41

(the MAC is strange, the other cards I have begin all with 00)

Thank you for your attention,

        Gianluca