Re: LDT allocated for cloned task!

From: Simon Kirby (sim@netnation.com)
Date: Tue Feb 13 2001 - 13:48:23 EST

On Tue, Feb 13, 2001 at 06:22:26PM +0000, Alan Cox wrote:

> > LDT allocated for cloned task!
> >
> > I'm seeing this message come up fairly often while running vanilla
> > 2.4.2-pre3 on my dual Celeron system. I don't think I saw it before
> > while running 2.4.1, but I may have just missed it.
>
> Are you running wine or dosemu ?

Actually, I've ran both of them at least a few times this boot.

I think I've found what's doing it...xmms with the avi-xmms plugin will
cause the message to appear at startup even without playing anything.
Moving the libraries out of the /usr/lib/xmms/Input directory and
starting xmms again will not produce any message. I only just recently
downloaded this plugin which is probably why I didn't see it before.

It's also happening on my second (non-DRI) head, so it's probably not
related to that (I'll reboot and try again without any DRI modules loaded
and see).

Simon-

[ Stormix Technologies Inc. ][ NetNation Communications Inc. ]
[ sim@stormix.com ][ sim@netnation.com ]
[ Opinions expressed are not necessarily those of my employers. ]