Re: [ANNOUNCE] Animated framebuffer logo for 2.4.1

From: Adrian Cox (apc@agelectronics.co.uk)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 06:00:04 EST

Mike Galbraith wrote:
> I give users more credit in the curiosity/observation department. In
> my experience, when a user fires up his/her box, independent of OS,
> they watch it pretty closely. This behavior begins roughly the first
> time they lose a chunk of work ;-)

I want to use this for embedded systems. For example, last weekend I was
on a bus where the advertising screen at the front went through a
complete (uncustomised) Windows 2000 boot. I want to do better than
that, and build an application specific splash screen early into the
boot process, with the detailed messages coming out through the serial
port.

- Adrian Cox