Re: /dev/rtc not working on ASUS A7V133

From: Jan Niehusmann (jan@gondor.com)
Date: Mon Feb 12 2001 - 04:03:07 EST

On Mon, Feb 12, 2001 at 02:15:32AM +0100, Guest section DW wrote:
> I suppose you could give hwclock --directisa ?

I didn't try --directisa, but I did remove /dev/rtc, which, according
to hwclock's manpage should have the same effect.

Afterwards hwclock does work well.

But I have a correction: The problem does not only occurr if the system
was started automatically by the bios, a manual 'soft off/soft on' sequence
shows the same effect. Only 'hard off/hard on' (using the switch directly
on the power supply) seems to work every time.

Jan