ext2: block > big ?

From: Brian Grossman (brian@SoftHome.net)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 19:44:02 EST

What does a message like 'ext2: block > big' indicate?

This was kernel 2.2.18aa2.

The machine was completely unresponsive when I got there. There were a
bunch of block>big messages on the screen, but no oops.

In my grogginess, I didn't have the sense to copy down the whole message,
but it did also mention the device (8,9?). The major 8 scsi devices in use
are three partitions of one disk -- two 15GB and one 50GB.

Brian