Re: Easy Way to FS-corruption

From: Peter Horton (pdh@colonel-panic.com)
Date: Sun Feb 11 2001 - 06:57:43 EST

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 03:24:06PM +0100, Tim Krieglstein wrote:

> I found a way which seems to lead to an "easy" way of fs-corruption:
> Install two sound-cards, use the newest ALSA-Drivers 0.5.10b
> (the standard sound drivers don't work to good with sf) and

[snip]

This could be that bus master DMA caching problem that showed up on my
KT133 A7V (see previous threads re: 'VIA silent disk corruption'). You
could try more conservative BIOS chipset settings (my problem went away
with "normal" rather than "optimal" BIOS settings). In the end Asus
released a BIOS update for the A7V that seems to have fixed it
permanently.

P.