Re: 2.4.2-pre3 and 2.4.1-ac9 sound corruption

From: Ole Andre Vadla Ravnaas (oleavr@online.no)
Date: Sat Feb 10 2001 - 21:13:07 EST

> Are you using XFree86 4.0 on a matrox card ?

No, it's an nVIDIA Riva TNT2 Ultra 32 MB AGP (card manufacturer: Creative). But these problems are not related to X, as they are the same whether I use mpg123 in a plain console or xmms in X. But, I've also tried something else, I compiled a kernel with absolutely NO sound support, then downloaded OSS from www.opensound.com and installed it. The exact _same_ problems occured. So now I'm suspecting the IRQ-sharing with the two USB UHCI-controllers to be the problem (worked fine with 2.4.1 "vanilla" though, where the same devices were sharing the same interrupts..). Have there been any changes on that part? (USB UHCI driver IRQ-sharing etc.)

(Please CC a copy to me as I'm not subscribed to the linux kernel mailing-list right now)

Regards
Ole André Vadla Ravnås