Re: compiling 2.4.1 with binutils-2.10.1.0.7

From: Garst R. Reese (reese@isn.net)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 23:58:56 EST

Albert Cranford wrote:

> I got tired of the warnings myself, so I applied the attached
> patch. I've been testing newer binutils since last November with it.
> Later,
> Albert
Thanks Albert, I'll test it an let you know if I have any problems.
Have you sent it to Linus?
Have you also tried to compile the kernel with gcc-2.97 (20010205)?
Oops, the problem was that I did not read the release notes for the
latest
binutils
-oformat needs to get changed to --oformat in the Makefile for
arch/i386/boot
Garst