Re: Linux 2.4.1ac9

From: Udo A. Steinberg (sorisor@Hell.WH8.TU-Dresden.De)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 17:42:26 EST

Hi,

Alan Cox wrote:

> ftp://ftp.kernel.org/pub/linux/kernel/people/alan/2.4/
>
> 2.4.1-ac9
> o Merge with Linus 2.4.2pre2

I've noticed that -ac9 comes with the "Disable PCI-Master-Read-Caching
on VIA" patch that Peter Horton posted a while back. I don't know
whether it was applied in Linus' or your tree first, but is it
actually verified to fix anything?

AFAIR Peter Horton later posted that it didn't fix a thing for him and
Petr Vandrovec tracked down his corruption issue to a Promise driver
problem. I see no corruption with Master-Read-Caching enabled here and
unless someone can verify that it really is the culprit, the patch
is probably completely redundant.

-Udo.