Re: problem in BOGOmips

From: Prasanna P Subash (psubash@turbolinux.com)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 17:18:12 EST

the bogomips algorithm changed between kernels. Now it uses the tsc register. Your
bogomips should typically be about 2*processor mhz.

On Sat, Feb 10, 2001 at 02:35:05AM +0530, Ashish Gupta wrote:
> Hi,
> I want to use bogomips as the indicator of CPU capability for
> different architectures. I have found following values from /proc/cpuinfo
> for different CPUs.
>
> MHz bogomips version
> 233 intel 233 2.2.9, 2.0.36
> 166 intel 331 2.2.9
> 450 AMD-K6 900 2.2.14
> 800 intel 1600 2.2.16
>
> Why there is a exceptional behaviour of bogomips for 233 intel ?
> If there is some patch or changes then please indicate so that i can use
> it.
>
> Thanks in advance
> Ashish Gupta
>

> -

Prasanna Subash   ---   psubash@turbolinux.com   ---     TurboLinux, INC
Linux, the choice          | I've got a COUSIN who works in the GARMENT
of a GNU generation   -o)  | DISTRICT ...
Kernel 2.4.0-ac4      /\\  |
on a i686            _\\_v |