ISA-PnP and Passing options to non-modules

From: Jonathan Morton (chromi@cyberspace.org)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 11:29:40 EST

I have two questions:

1) ISA-PnP detection in the kernel doesn't work properly on my Abit KT7
(the card in question is a SoundBlaster AWE64), but userspace ISA-PnP works
fine...

2) I'm trying to pass options to the SoundBlaster driver using LILO - it's
built into the kernel - but can't figure out the correct syntax to use the
append = "..." option in this context. I need to do the equivalent of
"options sb io=0x220 dma=1,6 irq=7", which is what the BIOS reports
configuring the card as at boot time. Yes, i've tried using it as a
module, but it stopped working when I recompiled the kernel with Radeon DRM
support and K7 optimisations.

Any pointers?

from: Jonathan "Chromatix" Morton
mail: chromi@cyberspace.org (not for attachments)