[preview] VIA IDE 4.0 and AMD IDE 2.0 with automatic PCI clock detection

From: Vojtech Pavlik (vojtech@suse.cz)
Date: Fri Feb 09 2001 - 03:28:22 EST

Hi!

I've decided that too much trouble has been caused by a wrong PCI clock
specified to the IDE drivers (which in turn compute wrong IDE timings).

I've made the VIA and AMD drivers detect the PCI clock automatically.
Because this is a very significant change, I've upped the major release
numbers to 4 and 2.

Could anyone with these chipsets check these drivers if they detect the
PCI clock correctly on their systems?

Thanks.

Just untar the attached file into drivers/ide and recompile.

--
Vojtech Pavlik
SuSE Labs