Re: bttv problems in 2.4.0/2.4.1

From: Prasanna P Subash (psubash@turbolinux.com)
Date: Wed Jan 31 2001 - 11:59:48 EST

My bttv is at IRQ 3 and it still hangs the machine :(
I dont even have acpi built in.

btw I am testing with 2.4.1-pre9

--
Prasanna Subash   ---   psubash@turbolinux.com   ---     TurboLinux, INC
Linux, the choice          | When the sun shineth, make hay.   -- John

On Wed, Jan 31, 2001 at 08:41:45AM +0100, Gerd Knorr wrote: > > > > I have sent all this info to Gerd Knorr but, as far as I know, he hasn't > > > > been able to track down the bug yet. I thought that by posting here, > > > > more eyes might at least make more reports of similar situations that > > > > might help track down the problem. > > > > > > Try flipping the card into a different slot. A lot of the cards > > > exceptionally do not like IRQ/DMA sharing, and a lot of the motherboards > > > share them between different slots. > > > > I will try this, but my card has (and does) worked with irq sharing for > > a long time. Its entry in /proc/interrupts: > > 9: 164935 165896 IO-APIC-level acpi, bttv > ^^^^ > What happens with acpi disabled? The power-down at boot could be caused by > the acpi power management maybe ... > > Gerd > > -- > Get back there in front of the computer NOW. Christmas can wait. > -- Linus "the Grinch" Torvalds, 24 Dec 2000 on linux-kernel > - > To unsubscribe from this list: send the line "unsubscribe linux-kernel" in > the body of a message to majordomo@vger.kernel.org > Please read the FAQ at http://www.tux.org/lkml/