Re: Poor SCSI drive performance on SMP machine, 2.2.16

From: Johan Kullstam (kullstam@ne.mediaone.net)
Date: Mon Jan 29 2001 - 07:58:13 EST

"paradox3" <paradox3@maine.rr.com> writes:

> Here is the output from dmesg. How do I tell if it is improperly
> terminated?

you never gave the model of the hard drive (or if you did, i didn't
see it), but you did say a 10k rpm ibm. i am going to assume it is
u2w/lvd capable. no lvd hard drive has termination built in. you
must use a seperate termination device at the end of the ribbon. or
you can use a terminating cable. since your controller is a
single-ended device, get a single-ended, wide, active terminator and
plug it into the end of the ribbon. put the hard drive in the middle
somewhere.

see <URL:http://www.scsifaq.org/> for more information.

> Thanks, Para-dox (paradox3@maine.rr.com)

J o h a n  K u l l s t a m