Re: Compatibility issue with 2.2.19pre7

From: Andrea Arcangeli (andrea@suse.de)
Date: Thu Jan 11 2001 - 13:43:54 EST

On Thu, Jan 11, 2001 at 07:30:49PM +0100, Trond Myklebust wrote:
> OK. In that case my patch, would just be amended to eliminate the
> redundant comparison as is the case below.

This patch looks fine w.r.t. alignment but given the below seems called
at runtime (not just at mount time) for performance and to save a dozen of bytes
of kernel stack it would probably better to use the nfs_fh structure in
2.2.19pre7 for the in-kernel representation and to define a new structure for
userspace message passing (defined as the nfs_fh in 2.2.19pre6). But at least
now we see _why_ it broke ;)

Andrea