Re: Repeatable 2.4.0-test13-pre4 nfsd Oops rears it head again

From: Mike Elmore (mike@kre8tive.org)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 22:21:16 EST

All,

You are some damn smart people.

Whatever evil was happening is fixed in test13-pre5.

I pounded it with 3 successive full backups of my
multigig nfs mounted home directory to my Onstream
drive while downloading a kernel and doing multiple
>100M file copies over nfs at the same time while
playing an mp3 off a nfs mounted partition.

It was moving slow cause the card is 10mbs, but all
jobs finished and the machine is now sitting idle
as happy as can be.

Any idea what portion of pre4 got fixed in pre5 to
fix this problem? I'd just like to know so I can
look around if it comes back.

Sorta related:

I really need to get rid of this 8139 card. Since
yall are the oracle, which nice 100mbs card is fine
hardware and is coupled with a well debugged driver?

I don't want to have any more network card problems.
I'm tired of this crappy 8139.

-mwe

On Thu, Dec 28, 2000 at 01:59:03PM -0800, David S. Miller wrote:

> Try pre5
>
> Later,
> David S. Miller
> davem@redhat.com
> -

Mike Elmore mike@kre8tive.org

"Never confuse activity with accomplishment." -unknown