Re: New driver

From: Pixel@nobis.phear.org
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 21:49:06 EST

> On Thu, 28 Dec 2000 22:19:37 +0100 (CET),
> Pixel@the-truth.nobis.phear.org wrote:
> >I wanted to share what I've done but since I'm very new to kernel hacking
> >I don't know what to do with my patch. Could you give me some hints?
>
> linux/Documentation/SubmittingPatches

Ok. Since it's a new category, there's no maintainers for it. I'll post the patch here.

And since it's quite a bit patch (about 120Kb) you can download the plain text patch at
this URL: http://www.ifrance.com/nobis/em8300-patch.

This patch is against the linux-2.4.0-test13-pre5 source tree.

 http://dxr3.sourceforge.net

The primary driver is only an external source driver. So I decided to try to build it
directly into the kernel source tree (there was incompatibilities with the new
Makefile system) and to add a devfs support for the devices. As it is a new category,
I've added a submenu to the configuration system: MPEG cards into the Multimedia
section. Please note I didn't wrote this driver but simply integrated an existing
driver.

  -- Nicolas Noble