Re: innd mmap bug in 2.4.0-test12

From: Chris Mason (mason@suse.com)
Date: Thu Dec 28 2000 - 13:18:34 EST

On Thursday, December 28, 2000 15:51:24 -0200 Rik van Riel
<riel@conectiva.com.br> wrote:

> On Thu, 28 Dec 2000, Chris Mason wrote:
>
>> I think a dirty page without a writepage func seems a bit
>> broken. How about we give ramfs a writepage func that just
>> returns 1. That way nobody does any special if
>> (ramfs_page(page)) kinds of tests...
>
> This will lead to the ramfs pages staying on the inactive_dirty
> list forever, deadlocking the system.

This wouldn't be the first time this week I've read this part of
page_launder wrong, but I don't see a difference between a NULL writepage
func, and a writepage func that returns 1. I read the code like this:

if(PageDirty(page)) {
        if (!writepage)
                goto page_active ;
        result = writepage(page)