Oops...2.4.0-test13-pre4 kernel panic

From: Mike Elmore (mike@kre8tive.org)
Date: Wed Dec 27 2000 - 21:35:06 EST

All,

Have a repeatable Oops. Finally got one of these captured
over the serial console. This one is repeatable in seconds.

Have a PIII667 Tyan S1854 64MB box as a masquerade router.
1 3Com 3c509 card connected to local lan as eth0.
1 DLink 530TX+ 8139 card connected to DSL router as eth1.
The box is running 2.4.0-test13-pre4.

Have another problem where if i switch the 8139 to eth0 it
simply doesn't work, but I sent that to Jeff.

On to this problem...

The masquerade box has a partition with my mp3's on it that
I mount up on my workstation on the local lan.

I was listening to a mp3 and I fired up up2date on my internal
workstation...and simultaneously fired up up2date on the
masquerade box (I like to do these things at once)...waited
about 10 seconds and POOF...masquerade box panic'd.

The ksymoops result is attached. My .config is also attached.

I fsck'd and booted the masquerade box back up and went
through this same sequence again and the panic happened
again within 5 seconds of work.

Any ideas?

--

Mike Elmore mike@kre8tive.org

"Never confuse activity with accomplishment." -unknown