Any idea about this - SCSI Scanner...

From: Michael H. Warfield (mhw@wittsend.com)
Date: Tue Dec 26 2000 - 14:30:28 EST

Hey all!

        I'm just now getting around to trying to get my SCSI based scanner
(Mustek MFS-6000CX) working with Sane and ran into a problem. The Linux
kernel doesn't seem to be recognizing it at all. The Adaptec BIOS
shows it on the bus prior to bootup (target 2 on the SCSI bus) but
when the kernel comes up it sees all the drives and the CD-RW drive and
the ZIP drive, but doesn't seem to see ANYTHING on target two (consequently
the SCSI generic device is not seeing the Scanner). The Scan app
"find-scanner" also reports no scanner on the SCSI bus.

        Anyone know why the Adaptec board and BIOS would see the scanner
but the Linux kernel would not?

        For reference... I'm running 2.4.0test12. I'm about to set up
to retest against 2.2.18 as well.

        Mike

--
 Michael H. Warfield    |  (770) 985-6132   |  mhw@WittsEnd.com