Re: Installing kernel 2.4

From: David Relson (relson@osagesoftware.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 19:18:03 EST

It seems to me that kernel/cpu matching can be broken into two relatively
simple parts.

1 - Put a cpu "signature" in the kernel image indicating cpu requirements; and
2 - Have the bootloader (lilo) detect cpu type and match it against the cpu
"signature".

The bootloader would then load the kernel, or could give an informative
diagnostic.

David