Re: Poor TCP Performance 2.4.0-10 <-> Win98 SE PPP

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 04:35:21 EST

David S. Miller wrote:
> Linux resends 21:557, Windows95 (finally) acknowledges it.
>
> Looking at the equivalent 220 traces, the only difference appears to
> be that the packets are not getting dropped.

This smells of "wrong checksums getting generated", in my opinion.

(This is not my field of expertise. I'll keep my trap shut from now
on, OK?)

                Roger.

*       Common sense is the collection of                                *
******  prejudices acquired by age eighteen.   -- Albert Einstein ********