Re: malloc(1/0) ??

From: Lyle Coder (x_coder@hotmail.com)
Date: Tue Nov 07 2000 - 03:09:09 EST

When a program does a malloc... the glibc gets atleast on page (brk)
[actually, glibs determins of it needs to brk more memory from the kernel...
because it maintains it;s own pool].. so if you malloc 4 byts, you can copy
to that pointer more than 4 bytes (upto a page size, ex 4K)... hope that
answers one of your questions... as far as why malloc(0) works... I dunno

Best Wishes,
Lyle