Re: Persistent module storage [was Linux 2.4 Status / TODO page]

From: Rogier Wolff (R.E.Wolff@BitWizard.nl)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 14:49:49 EST

Alan Cox wrote:
> A simple more generic solution is to do this

[....]

> if exists && is from this boot then && is right size
> read data into __persistent ELF section
> endif

Alan, why are you stating "if it's from this boot"? I can think that
maybe you want to keep stuff across boots too. Maybe once we're at it,
have two sections. One that is persistent across boots, the other
isn't.

                                Roger.

*       Common sense is the collection of                                *
******  prejudices acquired by age eighteen.   -- Albert Einstein ********