Re: Play Kernel Hangman!

From: ejc (eli.carter@inet.com)
Date: Mon Nov 06 2000 - 11:26:48 EST

Jeff Dike wrote:
> After a stranger than usual late-night #kernelnewbies session on Thursday, I
> was inspired to come up with Kernel Hangman. This is the traditional game of
> hangman, except that the words you have to guess are kernel symbols.

Oh, no, no, no, no... my productivity!

I love it. :) My interest in #kernelnewbies has certainly been
tweaked.

So what method did you use to get your list of kernel symbols? (i.e. is
it arch specific as System.map or do you have a way of pulling all
archs?)

Now, can you make a version to guess the values of various #defines? Or
perhaps given the definition, guess the #define. ;) Twisted
individual... and I mean that in the best possible way... ;)

C-ya,

Eli
--------------------. "To the systems programmer, users and applications
Eli Carter | serve only to provide a test load."
eli.carter@inet.com `---------------------------------- (random fortune)