Fun with namespaces

From: Rick Hohensee (humbubba@smarty.smart.net)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 20:39:19 EST

cLIeNUX Core 1.4 visible dirs in / are all now symlinks. The only standard name is
/dev. This means if you unpack cLIeNUX core on a clean ext2 partition, then install,
say, SuSE over it, you can boot either one. On the same partition. If you do cLIeNUX
first the SuSE dev's won't install. I guess. I did this with an old SuSE. To boot
cLIeNUX you init=/.sbi/init .

You can also unpack core1.4pre in, say, /cLIeNUX, and chroot to it. (/.bi/sh or
whatever) If you for example are feeling nostalgic for libc5.4.46 . Or you want to
check out Plan9 sam without X.

core1.4pre unpacks to 35 meg.

www.clienux.com

Rick Hohensee