Re: non-gcc linux?

From: Tim Riker (Tim@Rikers.org)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 15:52:24 EST

Alan,

Perhaps I did not explain myself, or perhaps I misunderstand your
comments. I was responding to a comment that we could just copy some of
the optimizations from Pro64 over into gcc. Whether Pro64 understands
gcc syntax is immaterial to this question is it not?

Tim

Alan Cox wrote:

> > This is also a nice thought, but there is an obstacle.
> > The Pro64 tools are Open Source and GPLed:
> >
> > http://oss.sgi.com/projects/Pro64/
> >
> > SGI retains the copyright to the code.
> >
> > As far as I know, the FSF owns the copyright to all code in the gcc
> > suite. If improvements were taken from the Pro64 tools the copyright to
> > said code would have to remain.
>
> Pro64 is free software and Pro64 understands gcc syntax. No problem at all.
>
> -

Tim Riker - http://rikers.org/ - short SIGs! <g>
All I need to know I could have learned in Kindergarten
... if I'd just been paying attention.