taskfs and kernfs

From: Dave Zarzycki (dave@thor.sbay.org)
Date: Sun Nov 05 2000 - 04:23:43 EST

I got bored this evening and decided to learn more about the Linux kernel
by splitting out procfs into two separate file systems:

taskfs which contains /proc/self and /proc/[1-9]*
kernfs which contains everything else that procfs provides.

You can get the quick hack from here (this patch is against 2.4.0-test10):

http://thor.sbay.org/~dave/taskfs_and_kernfs.diff.gz

I've tested the two file systems on the user-mode-linux kernel. :-)
They both seem to work as expected, even when /proc is mounted.

Alexander Viro, is this kernfs at all useful as a starting point for your
kernfs goals?

davez

--
Dave Zarzycki