Re: asm/resource.h

From: Peter Samuelson (peter@cadcamlab.org)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 15:58:18 EST

[Jeff V. Merkey <jmerkey@vger.timpanogas.org>]
> I got a little further with the lock up problem, and it is related to
> MPS reporting a 2nd processor being present in some PPro systems when
> in fact only one CPU is really installed (but MPS is reporting
> default table entry 6 with a second CPU as present).

Wow, that's a lousy BIOS. You mean it actually *can't tell* if there's
a CPU in the second socket or not?

I remember a couple years ago Linus remarked that *every time* Linux
tried to rely on a BIOS feature, there'd be at least one bug report
traceable to a buggy BIOS somewhere. Proven once again.... (:

Peter