pppd and 2.4.0pre10

From: Alex Buell (alex.buell@tahallah.clara.co.uk)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 12:59:21 EST

tahallah[alex]:/home/alex > ppp-on

tahallah[alex]:/home/alex > /usr/sbin/pppd: This system lacks kernel
support for PPP. This could be because the PPP kernel module could not be
loaded, or because PPP was not included in the kernel configuration. If
PPP was included as a module, try `/sbin/modprobe -v ppp'. If that fails,
check t

I'm getting this problem each time I start pppd whenever I dial up if the
ppp modules have been unloaded from memory. The odd thing is that I can
repeat 'ppp-on' and it will work fine! Notice how the rest of the text in
the above output from pppd is cut off.

Cheers,
Alex

--
Quakers can play Quake as long as they don't fire any weapons
and instead just use "chat" to try to reason all the other

http://www.tahallah.clara.co.uk