Re: non-gcc linux?

From: Kai Henningsen (kaih@khms.westfalen.de)
Date: Sat Nov 04 2000 - 07:20:00 EST

Tim@Rikers.org (Tim Riker) wrote on 04.11.00 in <3A03D466.738ED67@Rikers.org>:

> Others that are commenting on the slow progress of some features in gcc
> should consider for themselves whether this position benefits the Open
> Source community or not.

Slow progress in gcc?

You know, I currently have a daily CVS of gcc at work, with an automatic
diff mailed to me, and the amount of daily changes is simply incredible.
Practically no day passes without at least one big pach, and about half a
dozen patches from different people at least, going into the CVS.

I don't know how much faster you can get and still hope to deliver a
stable product at the end.

MfG Kai