Re: select() bug

From: dean gaudet (dean-list-linux-kernel@arctic.org)
Date: Fri Nov 03 2000 - 00:52:22 EST

> > Semantic issues aside, since Apache does the test I mentionned earlier
> > to determine child status and since it could be misled, should this
> > feature be turned off?
>
> Or made smarter yes

i'm scratching my head wondering what i was thinking when i wrote that
code. the specific thing the parent wants to handle there is the case of
a stuck logger... you'd think i would have at least put some debouncing
logic in there.

(the parent is able to replace a logger without disturbing the children
because it keeps a copy of both halves of the logging pipes.)

an alternative would be to look for many children stuck in the logging
state (they make a note in the scoreboard before going into it).

paul -- if you want to just eliminate that feature (it'll still be able to
replace the logger if the logger exits) go into src/http_log.c,
piped_log_maintenance and comment out the OC_REASON_UNWRITEABLE.

-dean