Re: Dual XEON - >>SLOW<< on SMP

From: Chris Meadors (clubneon@hereintown.net)
Date: Thu Nov 02 2000 - 13:38:18 EST

On 2 Nov 2000, Ulrich Drepper wrote:

> I'm seeing this as well, but only with PIII Xeon systems, not PII
> Xeon. Every single timer interrupt on any CPU is accompanied by a NMI
> and LOC increment on every CPU.
>
> CPU0 CPU1
> 0: 146727 153389 IO-APIC-edge timer
> [...]
> NMI: 300035 300035
> LOC: 300028 300028

You mean that isn't supposed to happen?

           CPU0 CPU1
  0: 8480192 7786028 IO-APIC-edge timer
  1: 3 1 IO-APIC-edge keyboard
  2: 0 0 XT-PIC cascade
  8: 0 0 IO-APIC-edge rtc
 13: 0 0 XT-PIC fpu
 23: 188915 191259 IO-APIC-level eth0
 28: 16 14 IO-APIC-level sym53c8xx
 29: 33655 33665 IO-APIC-level sym53c8xx
 30: 0 0 IO-APIC-level es1371
NMI: 16266140 16266140
LOC: 16266123 16266122
ERR: 0

This machine isn't even a Xeon, just a PIII CuMine on a ServerWorks HeIII
chipset.

I reported this on -test6 but got no replies. I'm now running -test10 and
still seeing it.

-Chris

--
Two penguins were walking on an iceburg.  The first one said to the
second, "you look like you are wearing a tuxedo."  The second one said,