Re: Where did kgcc go in 2.4.0-test10 ?

From: J . A . Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 21:47:03 EST

On Thu, 02 Nov 2000 02:12:31 Jeff Garzik wrote:

> You're not changing 2.4.x to use kgcc, are you? It seems to be working
> fine under gcc 2.95.2+fixes...

What means "using kgcc" ?. I think it should be done even before.
It is not using "egcs" as you seem to be thinking. You cant put your
preferred compiler in kgcc.
Even I think it could include some general options for all the kernel build.

Think of packages like ALSA drivers grepping or analizing the kernel Makefile
to find that options are -fomit-frame-pointer -malign=xxxx and so on.
And that options can change from version to version of gcc.
Simpler: build a script (what kgcc is). An external module package, use kgcc.

--
Juan Antonio Magallon Lacarta                          mailto:jamagallon@able.es