hang ftp connections...

From: Tigran Aivazian (tigran@veritas.com)
Date: Wed Nov 01 2000 - 05:04:36 EST

Hi guys,

I noticed this since I installed test10-pre5 (maybe 6) on my
desktop. FTP connections to Solaris became very strange, i.e. after the
transfer is finished it would never actually close the control socket and
hang it there. So, I assumed that most likely Solaris kernel is full of
bugs (as a commercial OS ought to be) and they don't even implement FTP
protocol correctly, so that the exceeding correctness of ours at
test10-preX shows their bugs. However, now the same thing happened when
talking to ftp.kernel.org and that surely runs Linux. So there must be a
bug somewhere. I will now upgrade all my systems to final proper test10
and see if the problem is still there...

I only noticed this with ftp; other critical services (irc, telnet etc.)
work fine.

Regards,
Tigran