Re: I2O Code Bug when using DPT Controller

From: Ricky Beam (jfbeam@bluetopia.net)
Date: Mon Oct 23 2000 - 11:17:36 EST

On Mon, 23 Oct 2000, Klaus Naumann wrote:
>I'm trying to use a DPT RAID Controller (DPT RA4050) here and found,
>that the code is buggy somehow. I've turned on debugging messages
>and this is what I get:

You can stop at the word DPT... the linux kernel I2O driver is not compat.
with _any_ DPT I2O RAID controller. Alan should set the kernel code to
ignore DPT cards entirely.

Use DPT's "dpt_i2o" driver available from somewhere deep in an ftp server.
Or grab the 1.09 version converted for use with 2.4 from me.
(http://chickenboo.bluetopia.net/~jfbeam/DPT/)

Yes, the driver is a bloody mess. (I2O in general is as well. Who the h***
writes specifications without putting any numbers in them?!)

--Ricky