Re: linux-2.4.0-test9

From: Akira YOSHIYAMA (yosshy@cts.ne.jp)
Date: Sun Oct 22 2000 - 12:21:39 EST

Hi all ,

At first, thank you Jeff Garzik for your advise. I added
debug infomations to apm.c and have tried it. See below:

(APM driver enabled and output tons of debug messages)...
apm_do_idle(): line 564
apm_bios_call_simple(): line 484

(and yenta driver was loaded and it proved pcmcia sockets)
apm_do_idle(): line 564
apm_bios_call_simple(): line 484
apm_do_idle(): line 564
apm_bios_call_simple(): line 484
apm_do_busy(): line 580
apm_bios_call_simple(): line 484
apm_event_handler(): line 1096
check_events(): line 998
get_event(): line 980
apm_get_event(): line 531
apm_bios_call(): line 449

apm_get_info(): line 1381
apm_get_power_status(): line 708
apm_bios_call(): line 449

(System hangs. It didn't accept any kernel-sysrq request,
 perhaps because of hardware lock-up.)

I think I need to add some debug infomation to yenta driver.
Anyone comments? Have you used yenta driver and apm driver
with no problem?

Thanks,

        A.Yoshiyama
        yosshy@debian.or.jp