Re: trouble with eepro100+catalyst

From: Andrew Morton (andrewm@uow.edu.au)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 19:42:01 EST

Dennis wrote:

> Ciscos and catalysts have all kinds of problems connecting to PCs.

>From Documentation/networking/vortex.txt

  Cisco interoperability note from Walter Wong <wcw+@CMU.EDU>:

  On a side note, adding HAS_NWAY seems to share a problem with the
  Cisco 6509 switch. Specifically, you need to change the spanning
  tree parameter for the port the machine is plugged into to 'portfast'
  mode. Otherwise, the negotiation fails. This has been an issue
  we've noticed for a while but haven't had the time to track down.

I'd be interested in getting wider confirmation of this.