Re: about /proc/meminfo and mmap

From: Brian F. G. Bidulock (bidulock@openswitch.org)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 19:30:46 EST

Zhixu,

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Zhixu Liu wrote:

> > man 2 mlock
> >
> After I use mlock, how can I know the memory I malloced is in RAM? Thanks.

man 2 mlock

DESCRIPTION

    ... All pages which contain part of the specified memory range are
    guaranteed be resident in RAM when the mlock system call returns
    successfully and they are guaranteed to stay in RAM until the pages
    are unlocked by munlock or munlockall, or until the process terminates
    or starts another program with exec. ...

--
Brian F. G. Bidulock
bidulock@openswitch.org