Re: 2.4.0-testx fr0kedness?

From: Andre Hedrick (andre@linux-ide.org)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 19:03:24 EST

On Sat, 21 Oct 2000, Jason Slagle wrote:

> It worked fine under 2.3.x and as a matter of fact worked fine under
> 2.4.0-test1-4 I believe.
>
> I don't buy a hardware explination when I've been running this setup for
> well over a year and only just now have problems :)

Well let me put some authority into his statement.

Pull off your CASE.
Enter the BIOS.
Wave your hand and fingers over the surface of the mainboard.
Watch your voltages move wildly.

Now if they are stable and do not change +- 0.01 then you have a stable
board. But 95%+ of the people have this problem on the second release of
the BP6.

FYI, EMF's change with age, as do the effect Z of the LRC circuits.

Cheers,

Andre Hedrick
The Linux ATA/IDE guy