getting module symbols into ksyms

From: Jerry Kelley (jkelley@iei.net)
Date: Sat Oct 21 2000 - 10:41:08 EST

I'm trying to debug the oops that my module is generating. When I use ksymoops on the oops text I get a warning saying that the module is in lsmod but is not found in ksyms. I have two questions:

1. How do I get my symbols into ksyms?

2. Are only exported symbols in ksyms? Translation: Will I have to export all of my routines in order to effectively debug the module? (I assume that only exported symbols are in ksyms and will build a debug version that exports more routines in the debug version but not in the release version.)

Thanks. I realize that these are probably very rudimentary questions but I'd rather ask the experts rather than wander around.

Jerry Kelley
jkelley@iei.net