Re: Any dual AGP slot motherboards?

From: J . A . Magallon (jamagallon@able.es)
Date: Fri Oct 20 2000 - 16:46:29 EST

On Fri, 20 Oct 2000 19:56:26 Gary E. Miller wrote:
> Yo James!
>
> On Fri, 20 Oct 2000, James Simmons wrote:
>
> > After much searching I couldn't find one. It was one of those mac rumors
> > people spread around. I still like to get more than one AGP going. If I
> > have multiple PCI bus in theory I should be able to have one AGP port on
> > each PCI bus. Right?
>
> AGP is much faster than PCI bus and has nothing to do with the
> PCI bus. So the number of multiple PCI buses has nothing to
> do with the number of AGP buses.

AFAIK, AGP is just a preferent PCI slot in the PCI bus; that is for you can
only have ONE AGP port on a PCI bus. If all were AGP ports, you will have
a new-reinvented-ultra-fast-pci-bus. It is fast because it is special, just
for that. In linux, lspci -v lists also your AGP card, doesn't it ?

Please, could an expert point to the AGP standard defs ?

--
Juan Antonio Magallon Lacarta                          mailto:jamagallon@able.es