Re: 2.4.0-test10-pre3:Oops in mm/filemap.c:filemap_write_pa

From: Trond Myklebust (trond.myklebust@fys.uio.no)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 18:56:16 EST

> Actually, judging by the trace you provided Russell, I'd say
> this is some peculiarity with NFS silly rename handling, and
> it'd be best to look for the bug in that code (early inode
> reference loss, for example?)

Russel's trace indicates that the unlink actually has completed and
has become a negative dentry since the file is labelled '(deleted)'.
That means that the dentry count must have been zero, so that
dentry_iput() was called.

I don't see how dentry_iput() can be called on an open file. In
principle the dentry count should always be >= 1, so unless there is
some place where we're calling d_delete() without get()ing the dentry
first, there should be no path for early inode loss.

Cheers,
  Trond