Re: 2.2 generating odd TCP resets?

From: David S. Miller (davem@redhat.com)
Date: Thu Oct 19 2000 - 12:02:28 EST

   Date: Wed, 18 Oct 2000 21:20:40 -0700
   From: Brian Craft <bcboy@thecraftstudio.com>

   Is there any reason this should fail? It does not fail when talking
   to a linux host. The only obvious difference is windows generates
   two ACK's of the server's FIN.

Well, there were quite a few TCP bugs fixed after 2.2.14. Can you
test things our with a more recent 2.2.x kernel? I don't have any
windows systems handy to make this test, but if you can still
reproduce it with current 2.2.x kernels and get me a tcpdump I can get
the problem fixed.

The app you posted empties the read data just fine. The RST you are
seeing is not due to that, I am sure.

Later,
David S. Miller
davem@redhat.com