Re: [patch] khttpd doesn't detach from the files of its parent

From: Jeff Garzik (jgarzik@mandrakesoft.com)
Date: Wed Oct 18 2000 - 13:08:39 EST

Alexander Viro wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Oct 2000, Alessandro Rubini wrote:
> > > shouldn't this be exit_files() ?

> > Yes, definitely.
> > Arjan already replied (privately) to say the same.

> It should, unless you want to open any files in the thread itself.

If you start a kernel thread which opens files -before- calling
exit_files(), aren't the files opened associated with the wrong process?

When I was playing around with kernel threads that have their own VM
mappings, I had to do exit_mm() then create_mm(), or something along
those lines.

        Jeff

--
Jeff Garzik                    | The difference between laziness and
Building 1024                  | prioritization is the end result.